2014 GENERAL ELECTION
In 2014, all elections conducted by the Clerk and Recorder’s Office will be all mail ballot. Mail ballot drop-off locations and Voter Service and Polling Centers will be open throughout El Paso County for your convenience.
* Ballots start being mailed: October 14, 2014
* Last day to register by mail: Tuesday, October 14, 2014
* Last day to register online: Monday, October 27, 2014
* Last day ballots will be mailed: October 27, 2014, be sure you update your existing registration or register to vote prior to this date.
* Last day to register in person: Tuesday, November 4, 2014
* General election day: November 4, 2014
VOTER SERVICE AND POLLING CENTERS (VSPC)
Voter Service and Polling Centers (VSPC) will be available to register to vote, update voter registration, request a replacement ballot, vote on an ADA accessible voting machine, or drop off your ballot. Those closet to House District 21 are listed below.
* Southeast Branch (EPC Clerk’s Office) - SE corner of Powers Blvd. & Airport Rd. 5650 Industrial Pl., Colo. Springs, CO 80916 Map Open 24/7
* Fountain Police Department - SE corner of Santa Fe Ave. & Alabama Ave. Community Room, 222 N. Santa Fe Ave., Fountain, CO 80817 Map Open 24/7
* The two locations above have a 24/7 ballot drop -off boxes. Drop-off boxes will be open 24 hours starting October 14, 2014 through 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 4, 2014.Last Updated 08/11/2014
* Southeast & Armed Services YMCA - N of Jet Wing Dr. between Astrozon Blvd. & Chelton Rd. 2190 Jet Wing Dr., Colo. Springs, CO 80916 Map
* Security Fire Department - SW corner of Security Cir. & Security Blvd. 400 Security Blvd., Colo. Springs, CO 80911 Map
The last two locations are open Monday, November 3, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Election Day, Tuesday, November 4, 2014, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL MAIL BALLOT DROP-OFF ONLY LOCATIONS
* Ballots must be received at the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s Office - Election Department, Voter Service and Polling Center, or Ballot Drop-off Location by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 4, 2014.
* Military members outside the state of Colorado and U.S. citizens residing overseas must send or transmit their voted ballot by 7:00 p.m. on the day of the Election. Voted ballot must be in the hands of the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office no later than the close of business on the 8th day following Election Day. Please refer to Military and Overseas Voting
* POSTMARKS DO NOT COUNT! Do not mail your ballot later than Thursday, October 30, 2014. Ballots must be received no later than 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday November 4, 2014 to be counted.
* You may verify that your ballot was sent by the Election Department by visiting www.govotecolorado.com.
* You may verify that your ballot was received by the Election Department by visiting www.govotecolorado.com.
* If you do not receive your ballot within the first two weeks they were mailed, please verify that your address is correct at www.govotecolorado.com. If your address is correct, please contact the Clerk and Recorder's office (contact information below) by calling during regular business hours. You may also visit any Voter Service and Polling Center (VSPC) to pick up a ballot in person. Please refer to Voter Service and Polling Centers (VSPC).
* If you make a mistake, damage, or lose your ballot you may request a replacement ballot by calling the Clerk and Recorder's office (contact information below) during regular business hours. You may also visit any Voter Service and Polling Center (VSPC) to pick up a replacement ballot in person. Please refer to Voter Service and Polling Centers (VSPC).
* If you forget your secrecy sleve your ballot will still count. The sleeve is to provide additional secrecy when your ballot is being processed.
* You do not need a stamp if you drop off your ballot in one of the 24 hour drop-off locations.
* ADA accessible voting machines are available for use at any Voter Service and Polling Center.
Clerk and Recorder's Contact Information
Office: (719) 575-VOTE (8683) Email: email@example.com
Fax: (719) 520-7327 Website: http://car.elpasoco.com |www.govotecolorado.com
Register to Vote, verify your registration, update your information, change registration - Click Here
Military and Overseas Voters - Click Here