For government to be successful it must encompass the following ideals:
- Our nation’s strength lies with the individual and that each person's responsibility, dignity, freedom, and ability must be honored.
- Every citizen, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability, is entitled to equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity.
- Free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
- Government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
- The proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
- The most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
- Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
- Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
The Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into successful principles of government.
As a Republican I:
-Support pro-business, job creating legislation, fewer regulations
-Support free speech and gun rights
-Support a strong military
-Support legislation that insures better use of education funding without raising taxes
-Support school choice
-Support healthcare choices without government mandates or interference
-Support strong advocacy for voter influence and input in the legislative process