Rep. Lois Landgraf has never really called any place home until she and her family arrived in Fountain, Colorado in 2002. Raised in a military family, specifically a naval one, she went wherever her Dad was assigned.
Rep. Landgraf graduated summa cum laude from the University of Maryland and, later, received her MBA from the University of Washington. Military life also instilled in her a passion for travel, a great education in and of itself. Traveling throughout Europe, Central America, and beyond, Rep. Landgraf continues to learn about other cultures and appreciates more and more what we have here in America and Colorado.
Rep. Landgraf's been married for over 35 years to Jim, a retired Army Lt. Colonel who served in the Air Defense Artillery. They raised five children and those five are raising five grandchildren of their own. As is often the case of an officer’s wife, Rep. Landgraf assumed a leadership position in the military community. While stationed in Germany, she served as a chairwoman of the Red Cross. She originated a foster care program so that American children would receive foster care from Americans in Germany.
After settling in Fountain, Rep. Landgraf continued to serve her community becoming more politically active as the restraints of military life were removed. She was elected to the Fountain City Council. She served on the Colorado Municipal League’s Policy Committee. She also served on the Fountain Economic Development Board. She organized the “Bark in the Park” to help raise funds for Fountain’s K-9 unit. Active in the El Paso County Republican party, she served as secretary for the County GOP, and is a member of the El Paso County Republican Women Club. She was El Paso county volunteer coordinator for President Bush’s 2004 campaign and the El Paso Women’s Coalition Coordinator for Senator McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign. In 2012, the people of Fountain and surrounding communities elected Lois Landgraf as their Representative to the Colorado General Assembly.
Lois's Work At The Capitol:
- House Health, Insurance and Environment
- Ranking Member, Public Health Care and Human Services
- Local Government
- HB14-1037 Concerning Enforcement of Laws Against Designer Drugs
- HB14-1051 Eliminating the Waiting List for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Protect Rape Victim Where Child Conceived
- HB13-1187 No New Federal Firearm Laws
- SB13-005 Fort Carson Police Officers Peace Officer Status
- SB13-058 Permanent Disability Parking Privlidges
- SB13-227 Protect Rape Victim From Contat With Father (Severing the rights of a conviced Rapist)
- HJR13-1011 Fallen Soldiers Resolution
- HJR13-1017 Perinatal Bereavement Services